When I was a kid, one of my most favourite lunches was cream of mushroom soup. Soooo….just had to make a low-carb version. Aaaahhh..straight back to childhood…..but better!
Low Carb Creamy Mushroom Soup
Lovely, creamy mushroom soup - lovely for lunch with a cheese biscuit and side salad or as a starter for a dinner party!
Author: Kim's Club
Recipe type: Soup
- 250gm/9oz Chestnut mushrooms
- 600ml/20fl oz. unsweetened almond milk
- 1 vegetable stock cube (I use Kallo organic)
- 1 clove of minced garlic (you may substitute a shallot or use both if preferred)
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- *100ml/3.5fl oz. soya cream (I use Alpro: no GMO and no rainforest harvesting)
- *(Some people will not eat soy. You can substitute soy cream with extra almond milk and a bit of ghee for creaminess - or omit ghee for lower fat/calorie (6.8g fat). OR if you eat dairy use proper cream.)
- Roughly chop all but 6 of the mushrooms and add to large saucepan with the rest of the ingredients. Simmer about 10 minutes until mushrooms are tender. Blend until smooth. (I use a stick blender but you can also use a food processor).
- Slice remaining mushrooms and add to the soup. Heat through and serve.
(Will serve 4 as a starter/appetiser - just cut the nutrition info in half)
Serving size: 2 Calories: 150 Fat: 11.9g Carbohydrates: 2.5g (1 net) Fibre: 1.5g