My favourite fish is salmon, closely followed by trout. My favourite shellfish is crab so of course I needed to marry the two! This crabmeat topping would be good stuffed into a trout as well. BUT the bones are a faff.
I always wait for hubby to get home from work so we can eat together – this means delaying dinner until 8 or even 9 at night sometimes. Sigh. The night I made this it was VERY hard to wait! Luckily it wasn’t one of his very late nights……
So here it is, lovely salmon fillet topped with spicy, lime scented crab meat. A real treat for seafood lovers! (And for getting those omega-3s)
- 2 boneless, skinless salmon fillets
- 180g fresh crab meat
- 1 lime - zest grated and cut in half
- ¼ tsp chilli blend spice (or to taste) ..you can substitute a dash of tabasco
- 1 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 egg white*
- pinch of salt (season to taste)
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 400F, 200C, Gas mark 6.
- Melt the coconut oil in the base of pan large enough to fit the 2 fillets comfortably and add the fillets. Squeeze over the juice from half the lime.
- In a bowl mix all the remaining ingredients plus the juice from the other lime half and all of the zest.
- Cover the fillets with the mixture evenly.
- Cook in the oven for about 15 minutes or until cooked through.