As you all I know, I’m from the States originally. I haven’t met an American yet that doesn’t love their cornbread – it’s not just a southern thing either! Well I have to say it is something I really miss and have tried to replicate it a few times. This time I just set out to make a nice coconut muffin I could have for breakfast. Amazingly, they turned out to be a very good stand-in for corn muffins! Mine are quite a cornbread yellow because the yolks of my eggs are deep orange. If your yolks are pale, your muffins will be too.
Now you can change up this recipe by adding shredded cheese and jalapenos – more of a tex-mex corn muffin. You can reduce or increase the sweetener, or add other flavourings. Have fun and enjoy! (Now where did I put that bowl of chilli?)
- 2 Tbsp, Organic Coconut Manna
- ½ cup, 120g GreekYogurt
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp(s) Salt
- 2 tsp(s) Baking Powder
- 1 tsp(s) Vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup 62g Coconut Flour
- ¼ 55g cup powdered Natvia icing sugar style(or sweetener of choice)
- 2.50 fluid ounce, Almond Milk - Unsweetened
- 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 190C, 375F, Gas mark 5.
- In a medium bowl warm the coconut manna until very soft. Beat in the yogurt, vanilla and eggs. Add the dry ingredients, mix well and finally add the almond milk to make a thick, soft batter.
- Fill muffin cups ⅔ full. (I use a deep silicone muffin tray, you can use any muffin tray but grease well first or use muffin papers. My deep muffin tray - like a popover tray - makes 8 servings, if using smaller you will get more, they will cook faster and the stats will change.)
- Bake for 25-30 minutes depending on your oven, until a toothpick comes out clean.