I love almondy crescent cookies and when I saw a recipe I decided to try to adapt it to low-carb! Success! 1 net carb each and 93kcal. Nice year round with a coffee or afternoon tea, but especially welcome at this time of year when everyone else is hoarding their boxes of cookies and chocolates!
For best results weigh your ingredients!
- 175g 6oz butter
- 150g 5oz. sugar substitute (such as Sukrin, Natvia or Swerve)
- 1tsp almond extract
- 150g 5oz ground almonds
- 100g 3.5oz fine almond flour (Sukrin fat-reduced almond flour)
- 2tbsp coconut flour
- 2 eggs yolks
- 1tbsp egg white
- 75g 3oz Powdered sugar (icing sugar) substitute such as Natvia, Sukrin, etc. to finish.
- Mix butter, sugar substitute, almond extract together (easiest done in food processor if you have one), then add egg yolks and the tbsp of egg white. Mix well, then add rest of ingredients EXCEPT for the powdered sugar sub. Wrap dough in clingfilm (saran wrap) and chill for an hr.
- Preheat oven to 350F, 180c, GAS MARK 4. Line a baking sheet with baking parchment.
- Take walnut size pieces of dough and shape into crescents. Bake until lightly golden for 12-15minutes. Gently coat in the powdered sugar substitute while warm and leave to cool completely.