I wanted to wait til I made this again to get better pics but I felt I would be doing you all a disservice by making you wait – this recipe is that fabulous! I am purposely being slightly vague about measurements because you are all over the world with different sized containers and honestly, a few ozs either way won’t affect this recipe. I can’t take credit – my daughter returned from a trip to Washington DC and said this was a popular dish. She recreated for me! DO try it – it is dead easy and so delicious. Take it to a party and everyone will adore you! Try making my low-carb cheese crackers: http://kimsclub.co.uk/?p=478 or my low-carb tortilla chips: http://kimsclub.co.uk/?p=501 to serve with it.
I listed servings for 8 – which is greedy because this is a very rich dish. (Perfect LCHF) We made it for a party of 10 and it served that many fine.
For help in buying for those of you in the UK – here is a link to may shop: http://kimsclub.co.uk/?page_id=853
- 1 pkg of cream cheese (I use Lactofree but any good creamy cheese such as Philadelphia will do)
- 1 container of fresh white crabmeat (about a cup)
- 1 container of artichoke hearts, drained (I use grilled artichokes in olive oil but it isn't necessary - just buy the best you can get) about a cup
- Fresh grated cheddar cheese (about a cup)
- Fresh lemon juice
- Season to taste - if you can get Old Bay seasoning ½tsp is very good. Otherwise salt, pepper and a bit of paprika.
- Preheat oven to 400F, 200C, Gas mark 6. Finely chop the artichoke hearts and mix into the cream cheese along with the crab. Add half the cheddar, a squeeze of lemon and mix well. Season to taste and put into a small oven-proof baking dish. Sprinkle remaining cheddar on top. Bake for 15-20 minutes until bubbly and turing golden. ....and YUM!
PS – If you need a little help getting started, here is a link to my LCHF weight loss plan – only 1£! http://kimsclub.co.uk/?page_id=914
Enjoy! Sending love and gratitude – Kim