These are lovely – if you are paleo, omit the peanut flour and switch out the yogurt for coconut cream or plain coconut yogurt. You can also use coconut sugar – or drizzle with honey and sprinkle with cinnamon instead of the erythritol.
Low Carb Cinnamon rolls
Lovely cinnamon rolls - frosted or not!
Author: Kim's Club
Recipe type: Rolls
- 20gm/2tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp peanut flour (OPTIONAL! Helps with the wheaty flavour)
- 15gm/2 tbsp psyllium husk
- 125gm/1½cups ground almonds
- 50gm/1/4 cup Truvia or Erythritol
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking Soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vinegar (apple cider or wine vinegar)
- 1 tsp yeast granules (optional - for flavour only)
- *25gm/1oz melted butter
- *100gms/1/2 cup full-fat greek yogurt (I use Total or lactose free Turkish yogurt)
- 1 egg
- 100ml/4oz. unsweetened almond milk
- 2 heaped tablespoons of cinnamon
- 100g/1/2 cup of granulated erythritol
- preheat oven to 180C - 350F - gas Mark 4
- grease a cast iron pan, or a cake tin with butter or coconut oil
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients except cinnamon and erythritol. Combine all wet ingredients and add to the dry. Mix well - preferably with electric whisk and let stand for a couple of minutes. Mixture will thicken.
- Lay out a large rectangle of clingfilm and pat dough evenly across it. Mix the cinnamon with erythritol and sprinkle evenly over the entire surface of the dough. Using the clingfilm, roll up the dough into a long sausage. Unwrap and slice into 8 equal portions. Carefully place cut side down into your prepared pan and bake for approximately 40 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. When cool you can opt to glaze or frost them if desired. For glaze mix 2 heaped tbsp powdered Sukrin with a little almond milk and drizzle over the rolls. It will set as it sits. For frosting add a bit of cream cheese to your glaze mixture and frost just before eating. These rolls are nice just with butter, and are nutritious enough for breakfast. You can even slice them lengthwise and toast under the grill! They keep for ages in the fridge - I just warm or toast before eating.
- **Dairy-free/Paleo option: Substitute Ghee for butter and coconut yogurt for greek yogurt
Savoury option: Cheese rolls! Omit all sweeteners and cinnamon. Cover dough in grated mature cheddar and proceed as above.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 136 (unfrosted) Fat: 11.44g Carbohydrates: 2.6g net Sugar: 0
13212 Total views 10 Views today