This is a lovely, low-calorie meal – yet highly satisfying! Fresh cod is nice and meaty, yet tender and flaky. It’s mild flavour lends itself to marinades if you are in the mood for a big flavour punch!
Teriyaki glazed cod - Kim's Club
Cod with a teriyaki style marinade and glaze.
Author: Kim's Club
Cuisine: Asian inspired
Recipe type: Fish
- 2 fresh cod fillets (about 150g each)
- ¼ cup of either: soy sauce, coconut aminos or liquid soy aminos. (Stats are for coconut aminos)*
- 2 tsp arrowroot powder
- ½ cup of water
- 2 drops Lemongrass drops (I use these from Ocado: Holy Lama Lemongrass Extract Spice Drops 5ml) OR 1 tsp of lemongrass paste
- 3 drops of liquid Stevia OR your choice of sweetener - sweeten to taste.
- Pre-heat oven to moderate temp - Mix all the marinade ingredients together in a shallow baking dish. Add the cod and turn once to coat. Bake for about 20minutes or until flesh is opaque and flakes with a fork.
- Remove cod to a warm place and transfer the marinade to saucepan. Simmer on low, stirring constantly until mixture thickens slightly. Plate up, pour over the sauce and serve.
- In the pic I have served it over shirataki rice (slim rice) with some chopped, cooked red pepper and a side of spinach souffle and green beans.
Coconut aminos can be ordered through Amazon, they are higher in carbs than soy sauce or soy aminos but good if you are avoiding wheat and soy.
Serving size: 1 fillet Calories: 93 Carbohydrates: 7g Protein: 13g
6485 Total views 5 Views today