People keep asking me, what about potatoes? What do I serve instead?
This! This! Not only do you up your veg intake you up your fiber! Try this as a topping for Shepherd’s Pie. My daughter has always preferred it this way, and she was a very fussy eater!
- 1 head of cauliflower- trimmed and chunked
- ½ celeriac bulb - peeled and chunked
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- ½ carton of cream cheese - LactoFree or regular
- Place the stock cube in a medium size pan half full of water, bring to a boil, add vegetables and garlic cloves, add lid, reduce heat and simmer until tender - about 20 minutes.
- Drain in a colander (save the liquid for soup!) and let drip for 5-10 minutes. You want as much moisture to leave as possible.
- Tip the veg and garlic into a food processor, add the cream cheese a spoonful at a time (you may not need the whole amount) and process until smooth. Check seasoning and reheat just before serving.