Here it is – the CLASSIC New York Style cheesecake I have known and loved all my life! But now it is sugar-free and grain-free. I even use lactose free dairy products for this, but that’s just a personal thing, it will work with the full monty stuff! Enjoy!
(P.S. If you would like some additional help with your weight-loss journey, check my weight-loss plans with shopping lists and stall breakers – x)
- For the crust:
- 145g/1¼ cups Ground almonds
- 50g/4tbsp/half-stick Butter, melted (I prefer salted butter for the crust)
- 25g/1/4 cup *Sukrin Icing (or sweetener of choice, similar to powdered sugar)
- 25g/1/4 cup *Sukrin Gold (or sweetener of choice, this is similar to brown sugar but not essential)
- For the filling:
- 100ml/31/2oz Whipping cream, whipped
- 400g/2pkgs Cream cheese
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 155g/1 cup *Sukrin granular (or sweetener of choice)
- For the topping:
- 233g/1 cup Greek Yogurt (or sour cream)
- 25g/1/2 cup *Sukrin Icing sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 2 drops of liquid Stevia
- ¼tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to Gas mark 6, 190C, 375F. Prepare a loose bottomed **7in cake tin by greasing and lining with baking parchment, bottom and sides. In a processor, or by hand mix the ground almonds, Sukrin*, and melted butter. Press the almond mixture evenly into the base of the tin and a bit up the sides. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes until the edges are golden.
- Remove from oven and set aside. Reduce temp to Gas mark 4, 180C, 350F.
- With electric whisk, combine whipped cream with Sukrin, cream cheese, vanilla, and eggs. Whisk well and pour into prepared pan.
- Return to oven for approx. 1 hr 45 minutes or until the edges look set, the top is dry but the middle has a slight wobble. Combine yogurt (or sour cream) with Sukrin icing, vanilla and Stevia. Careful pour evenly over the top of the cheesecakeand return to oven for 10 minutes. Remove and cool to room temp. Slide the base out of the tin. (I usually push down carefully over a tin or jar - leave the cake on the base to serve). Refrigerate for at least 4-5 hours (or overnight) before cutting.
**I used a 7" loose bottomed tin but you may use an 8". The cake won't be as high and it will cook faster - approx 1hr 30 min total.