Low-Carb Grilled Goats Cheese Salad - Kim's Club
Grilled goats cheese salad with pesto dressing and toasted pine nuts for a light lunch or starter/appetiser.
Author: Kim's Club
Recipe type: salad
- 1 100g/3.5oz round of goats cheese (with rind, I use Capricorn English Goats Cheese)
- 70g/2.5oz Wild Rocket (Arugula)
- 10g/1/4oz Toasted Pine nuts
- For the pesto:
- 3 tbsp Parmesan, finely grated
- 1clove garlic
- 50g/2oz pine nuts
- 40g/about 1.5 cups fresh basil
- 5 - 6 tbsp olive oil
- Extra olive oil and lemon juice for the dressing
- divided the rocket (arugula) between 2 plates. Split the cheese in half lengthwise and place cut side up on grill pan. Smear a bit of olive oil over the cut surface and grill until just turning golden and bubbly.
- Toast the 10g of pine nuts in a dry fry pan shaking frequently until golden (careful, they burn easily).
- To make the pesto, add all pesto ingredients to a bullet blender and blend until finely chopped and blended. (This will keep in a jar in the fridge for a week). Take 2 tbsp of pesto and add lemon juice and olive oil to make a liquid consistency (about a tsp of lemon and 1-2 tbsp of olive oil).
- Place the grilled goats cheese on the greens, scatter with the toasted pine nuts and drizzle over the pesto dressing.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 295 Fat: 27g Carbohydrates: 1.7g (.87gnet) Fibre: .83 Protein: 20g
12073 Total views 15 Views today