Low Carb Cheese Rolls - Kim's Club
Cheesy, bread-like rolls - lovely with a meal, as a snack or to use for sandwiches and sliders.
Author: Kim's Club
Recipe type: rolls/snacks
- 20gm/2tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp peanut flour (OPTIONAL! It helps give a 'wheaty' taste)
- 15gm/2 tbsp psyllium husk
- 125gm/1½cups ground almonds
- 100g/1½cups grated sharp cheddar
- ½ tsp garlic granules
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking Soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vinegar (apple cider or wine vinegar)
- 25gm/1oz olive oil
- 100gms/1/2 cup full-fat greek yogurt (I use Total or lactose free Turkish yogurt)
- 1 egg
- 100ml/4oz. unsweetened almond milk
- preheat oven to 180c, gas Mark 4
- grease a cast iron pan, or a cake tin with butter or coconut oil
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients. Combine all wet ingredients and add to the dry. Mix well – preferably with electric whisk and let stand for a couple of minutes. Mixture will thicken.
- Lay out a large rectangle of clingfilm and pat dough evenly across it. Take the grated cheddar and sprinkle evenly over the entire surface of the dough, reserving ½ cup for the topping. Using the clingfilm, roll up the dough into a long sausage. Unwrap and slice into 8 equal portions. Carefully place cut side down into your prepared pan, sprinkle with remaining cheddar and bake for approximately 30 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. These rolls are nice just with butter, and are nutritious enough for breakfast. You can even slice them lengthwise and toast under the grill! They make great little burger and slider buns and keep for ages in the fridge – I just warm or toast before eating.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 211 Fat: 17.7 Carbohydrates: 2.6
9589 Total views 5 Views today