I was craving a slice of gingerbread with my cuppa in the afternoon so came up with this! It is quick to make if you use the microwave, and very good that way, a bit more of a steamed texture than when it is baked. Not feeling so deprived now while hubby is having his tea and scones!
- 50g/1/2cup coconut Flour
- 50g/1/2cup ground almonds
- ¼tsp salt
- 2tsp ground ginger
- 2tsp mixed spice
- 1tsp cinnamon
- ½cup 50g Sukrin Gold (or Swerve)
- 1tbsp Truvia (or 2 drops liquid stevia)
- 1tsp baking powder
- 40g greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup of prepared coffee
- 50g/2tbsp blackstrap molasses (or black treacle) *
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to Gas mark 5 - 190C - 375F **
- Grease and baseline a loaf pan with baking parchment (or grease a silicon loaf pan).
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. In a separate bowl mix all wet ingredients. Combine both mixes together well.
- **Bake about an hour or until toothpick comes out clean. (I actually baked for 40 minutes, then was in a hurry so finished in a microwave using a silicon pan - 3 minutes later it was done perfectly! Just an FYI.....)
- **I also tried JUST the microwave and it took 5-7 minutes, depending on your machine. Very nice - a bit like Boston Brown Bread - more of a steamed texture.
*Carb count is using molasses. If using Black treacle the net carbs per slice will be 3g.